This 2.5-hour masterclass will equip participants with an understanding of risk management, crisis identification and crisis management techniques, including strategies for internal communications and media relations.
The session will cover (including but not limited to):
- What is a Crisis? Who does it ‘belong’ to?
- Identifying a Crisis – Are you dealing with an Issue, a Crisis or a Catastrophe?
- Assessing and Improving Your Crisis Capability
- Taking Control – Critical Crisis Communication Techniques
- Handling Media in a Crisis
- The impact of digital media in a crisis environment
- The Golden Hour – launching your emergency communication response
The session is interactive and participants will learn to use some standard risk assessment and crisis communication planning tools.
“My goal during these sessions is to try and give the tools and strategies to make sure leaders are in the best possible position to be able to manage their organisations’ reputation in a crisis, and even come out the other side in a stronger position. It is definitely possible for organisations to enhance their reputation with stakeholders in a crisis environment.”
Lisa Nixon, BBS Managing Director
“It was a great event! Content hit the mark, internal comms was seamless, timing was spot on and the engagement was certainly maintained for the entire session with all but one attendee leaving due to an emergent interstate teleconference. Hopefully not a crisis!”
Jade Hauser, Food Leaders Australia Industry Engagement Manager and recent Crisis Communication 1010 Digital Workshop attendee
About the Presenter:
Lisa Nixon is Managing Director of BBS Communications Group, one of Australia’s longest standing independent communication agencies. Lisa is a former journalist but for the last 26+ years she has coached and advised executives in brand and reputation management, issues and crisis communication, media engagement (amongst other things). Her team of 20 work with clients all over Australia on both proactive and reactive communications activities for public and private organisations. Lisa’s crisis communication experience is extensive and covers risk identification and assessment, crisis communication planning, crisis training and testing, live crisis handling. Her background includes:
- Global interest in the aluminium composite panel/fire issue for Australian-based property clients
- Supreme court matters for clients facing trial, sentencing and conviction in both criminal and commercial matters
- Royal commissions of inquiry including the Aged Care Royal Commission and the Banking Royal Commission
- Food tampering, poisoning, product quality consumer communication
- Commercial partnership controversy involving media scrutiny
- Government advocacy on substantial issues including retail trading hours, taxation, pharmaceutical benefits scheme, licensing and regulation and more.
BBS Communications Group (BBS) is an award-winning, independent consultancy operating across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region for more than 30 years.
Our team of expert communicators, journalists and copywriters is augmented by specialists in stakeholder engagement, business-to-business marketing, organisational change management, risk management and digital communications. We focus on what we are very good at – crafting and telling our clients’ stories to help them build business and community relationships which underpin enduring and profitable organisations.
We do this through Corporate Communication, Stakeholder Engagement, Financial Communication, Media Relations, Digital and Social Media, plus we build capacity in these areas within our clients’ own teams through our training programs.
BBS’ growth has come with the increasing recognition by businesses of all sizes and across all economic sectors, that corporate reputation management and high quality client and stakeholder communications are matters of critical importance to profitability and longevity.
Our success has been built on meeting these needs with an intense focus business strategy alignment, consistent achievement, and an approach to client service which means our clients enjoy doing business with BBS.
Please note numbers for this masterclass are strictly limited.
||Thursday, 21 May 2020
||Auckland - 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane - 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Adelaide - 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
Hong Kong / Singapore / Perth - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
||This masterclass will be run via Zoom. Links will be sent by separate cover, closer to the event.
Webinars are also recorded and sent to registrants.
ICON Member: AU$250
Non Member: AU$500
**All invoices will be issued in AUD.
ICON thanks event sponsor: