Focus on the lowest price
These three forces are creating a perfect storm that is striking fear into the hearts of every professional service firm. How can anyone grow revenue and maintain profit in a world where the client is king and all they care about is getting more for less? For many years strategists have shouted that the key to our success lies in really knowing our clients. Unfortunately these days few professionals know enough about their biggest clients because they’ve failed to understand how the procurement function is evolving and what this means for their firm. It’s not all about price, not all suppliers are seen as equal, and procurement managers don’t just care about you complying with their tender process.
Profitable opportunities are available to every firm if you learn to speak the right language and to engage the client in the right way.
In the APSMA MASTERCLASS: Winning work in the age of procurement Wayne Stewart from Monte Rosa will show you the models and tools used by procurement teams across the world in their strategic sourcing projects. He will demystify terms like Category Management, SRM and the Procurement Lifecycle helping you to understand what makes procurement managers tick and how you can use it to your advantage.
Wayne will highlight the opportunities for firms to differentiate themselves in the mind of the client, providing you with the sales and negotiating strategies that will enable your teams to make the most of every opening.
This limited seat masterclass will also include a panel session where participants will have the opportunity to ask questions directly to senior procurement professionals on what makes a difference to them. Guest speakers will include:
- Kenny Cheung - Global CPO Goldman Sachs
- Colin Jasper - Jasper Consulting
- Adrian Bower - Strategic Procurement and Outsourcing Consulting
Who Should Attend
This Masterclass is aimed at senior level business development and services marketing professionals with responsibility for winning work via competitive tender and pitching processes.
It is also appropriate for partners and internal stakeholders responsible for servicing clients with procurement teams.
Inside the mind of procurement
- What makes procurement managers tick?
- What do the terms “value” and "relationship” really mean in the world of procurement?
- The tools, systems and processes that procurement use to evaluate firms and proposals, including:
- Category Management
- Strategic Sourcing
- Contract/Performance management
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- The rise and rise of procurement: How the procurement function is evolving and what this means for firms
Winning with procurement:
Exploring the new BD tactics and strategies necessary for firms to succeed in:
- Positioning in the lead up to tenders (panel and project)
- Succeeding during the RFT (tender process)
- Surviving the tender negotiation
- Maximising your chances of winning more than your fair share of work once you’re on the panel
The tips, traps and triumphs of working with procurement
- Q&A sessions with Procurement leaders, current procurement educators and other experts
Changing your firm from within
Exploring the best ways for participants to take the lessons learned from the workshop into their firm
Wayne Stewart is a world-class facilitator with a background that makes him uniquely placed to deliver this APSMA Masterclass. He is an experienced consultant who regularly works with many leading companies on projects across Australia, Asia, Europe and the US.
What makes Wayne’s expertise so rare is that in addition to his work enhancing the BD/pitching skills of professionals he is also engaged to train procurement managers, and their leadership teams, on developing better relationships with their suppliers. Because he sees the supplier/firm interaction from both sides he has a unique perspective on where the opportunities, and threats, lie for professional service firms in the “Age of Procurement.”
Backing up his consulting work Wayne has considerable experience as an in house marketer and executive. He has worked as a Business Development Manager, Client Relationship Manager and Director of Marketing meaning that he has "walked the talk” selling to clients, leading BD pursuits, managing key accounts and leading change projects. He will provide participants with numerous tips, traps and triumphs to help them find the best, and quickest path, to change their firm.
Over the past 12 months Wayne has worked with many companies, including:
* Google * Goldman Sachs * Fujitsu * Telstra * Lend Lease *
* Ernst and Young * Clayton Utz * Korda Mentha **
Wayne's recent projects include:Advising one of the Big 4 accounting firms on two of their most strategically important, and difficult, pursuits.
- Advising one of the Big 4 accounting firms on two of their most strategically important, and difficult, pursuits.
- Training the elite salespeople of the world’s 3rd largest IT provider on emerging sales and pursuits strategies. Wayne’s technique and training directly led the company to secure a $25M deal (sole source). This pursuit was awarded the company’s Asia Pacific sale of 2015.
- Training the senior Account Managers of the world’s leading technology company on techniques to better engage CEOs in the sales process.
- Training the global procurement leadership team of the world’s largest investment bank on relationships and negotiation strategies to enhance supplier (and internal) relationships.
Adrian Bower is an experienced Procurement and Supply Chain leader with 20+ years experience in Procurement and Supply Chain.
Having started and developed a strong career in industry, Adrian has more recently used this experience to help multiple clients transform their procurement capability through leadership roles in consulting. As a consultant Adrian has worked with many significant global and ASX100 organisations.
Adrian also has the unique experience of having worked for and sold into procurement functions, including the Government sector and its specific regulations. At the Masterclass Adrian will draw on all of his experience helping participants to understand what goes on in the minds of procurement managers and how you can better navigate these processes while developing stronger more productive relationships.
Book now - only 15 seats available.
Tuesday 15 & Wednesday 16 March 2016
9am to 5pm each day
Corrs Chambers Westgarth Lawyers
Level 17, 8 Chifley, 8-12 Chifley Square, Sydney
APSMA thanks event sponsor: